Category: Project Updates

The Existing School Building

The existing Tisbury School was built in 1929. Since that time, two major additions have been made to the facility: the 1938 gymnasium and the 1995 academic wing, which added two kindergarten classrooms, a library, and two science classrooms. The School is currently 51,000 square feet.  A modular building was leased in 2002 to house required programs that the main building could not accommodate.  The school site is located on 5.15 acres of developed land at 40 West William Street in Tisbury.  The site includes the existing brick school building, the modular building (White House), 65 parking spaces, play structures, an open field, and a ball field.